Every year, in spring and autumn, EULAR awards training grants to applicants from European countries for clinical or laboratory work (1-3 weeks) in a unit of another European country. The objective is to improve the standard of research and care and to foster collaboration across rheumatologic, clinical and research units in Europe.
The amount of the grant depends of the length of stay:
- 1 week = 850 EUR (600 [Travel] + 250 [Accommodation assistance])
- 2 weeks = 1100 EUR (600 [Travel] + 500 [Accommodation assistance])
- 3 weeks = 1350 EUR (600 [Travel] + 750 [Accommodation assistance])
For one month, please refer to our long-term scientific training grant:
- Curriculum vitae with date of birth and list of publications (if any)
- Outline of the clinical or laboratory project to be undertaken (maximum 4 pages including references)
- Written confirmation of acceptance from the host hospital or research institute (signed by the Head of Department), indicating the tentative time frame of the training period
- Application form
- The age of the candidate should not exceed 40 years
Please note that only persons who work predominantly in the field of rheumatology are eligible for training bursaries. Grants will not be made if the applicant is already abroad in training.
Application time frame
Call 1 (Deadline 31 October 2019):
- Travel period should be January 2020 – June 2020
- Call for applications: June 2019 – October 2019
- Evaluation and notification of applicants: November 2019
Call 2 (Deadline 30 April 2020):
- Travel period should be July 2020 – December 2020
- Call for applications: December 2019 – April 2020
- Evaluation and notification of applicants: May 2020
Grant recipients are requested to submit a final report to the EULAR School of Rheumatology, focusing on the results/learnings they have achieved during their training.
To apply, download the application form and submit together with the requirements listed above when registration opens or submit your documents directly to email@example.com.
Click here to download application form
Upcoming Call 1 Deadline:
31 October 2019
Upcoming Call 2 Deadline: 30 April 2020
Note: For more information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.